If you purchase a central pneumatic air compressor, then you need to read How to adjust the central pneumatic air compressor?
You can easily save time and air compressor from trouble by setting exact cut-in and cut-out pressure for the air compressor. First, this article will point out what will be the correct setting of pressure for your compressor. The article again shows you How to adjust the pressure on the pressure switch.
Pressure adjustments of central pneumatic air compressor
Central pneumatic makes an amazing line of compressors and air tools for sale. All central pneumatic compressors come with 2-pressure adjustments. The first pressure adjustment is an outlet pressure that is governed by the pressure regulator present on the control panel of an air compressor. This pressure generally goes from an air compressor to your tools.
Another pressure adjustment is concealed under the plastic cover just above the air regulator. The adjustment is responsible to control the rising of pressure in a compressor before its cut-out.
Things you require to adjust the central pneumatic air compressor?
If you want to adjust the air compressor, then you will need two things.
The following steps are involved to adjust air compressor.
Step 1) Turn on the compressor
First of all, you need to turn on the compressor. Allow the tank to completely charge by the compressor. Ensure to note the air pressure with the help of a pressure gauge that is located on the control panel of an air compressor. You need to look above this and locate a plastic shroud that covers the pressure switch. The pressure switch will come in a black rectangular box made from a plastic material. Now remove a screw that is present on the left side and then lift off the plastic cover.
Step 2) Looking for brass bolt:
After lift-off plastic covering, there is a need to look for a hex-head brass bolt that is present on the top side of a pressure switch. Brass bolt is located behind a yellow button. The yellow button just pops up when the compressor reached to its exact pressure. It can be then depressed so that kicks on the compressor.
It is important to look for both plus and minus points beside the bolt. The brass bolt also has arrows that indicate the direction in order to turn the bolt head and achieve the desired result.
Step 3) Use of wrench:
Now its time to turn the bolt in a clockwise direction. You need to use a wrench to turn the bolt and raise the pressure setting. It enables the compressor to work for a longer time before cuts-out.
Turn the bolt in counter-clockwise direction if you want to lower the pressure.
To release pressure, you need to pull the release valve that is located below the pressure switch. Now turn on the compressor motor. Ensure to note the pressure when pressure switch pops-up. Now adjust the bolt according to your need.
Step 4) Re-installation of plastic cover:
After note down the pressure, you need to reinstall the plastic cover. For this purpose, you will require to insert a mounting screw to the hole. simply turn the plastic cover clockwise so that it become tighten. Now your compressor comes back to its normal use.
First of all, you need to designate the work area which is well-lit and clean. Some of the general operation performed while adjusting pneumatic air compressor are:
- Close a drain valve. Ensure that all of the bolts and nuts are tight.
- Check for oil level or any oil leakages
- Closing of inline shut-off valve between the air hose and air compressor
- Ensure that the air tool is switched off
- Connect your air tool with the air hose.
- Plug your compressor power cord to 120 V electrical outlet.
- Now open inline shut-off valve and turn the power switch on
- Its time to build up the pressure by the air compressor till cycle ends
- Adjust the pressure of the air compressor by using the air compressor pressure regulator. It enables you to get air output that is enough to power the tool. Make sure that output never exceeded the maximum air pressure of the tool at any instant.
- If you need to increase pressure, then turn the knob in a clockwise direction and to decrease pressure, simply turn the knob in an anti-clock direction.
- Use of air tools as required. Turn off the power.
- Unplug your air compressor
- Then close the inline shut-off valve.
- Blown away the air from your tool and then disconnect it.
- Now turn the drain valve at the bottom side of the tan. By moving 2-turn clockwise, you will be able to release all kinds of internal tank pressure and moisture. Close the drain valve after drainage off moisturizer. Never remove the drain valve.
- In the end, you need to clean and store the air compressor inside your home.
Some safety warnings of pneumatic air compressor
- Risk of fire or explosion. Never spray flammable liquid in the working area. Never smoke while spraying. It is recommended to keep the air compressor 20-feet away from any explosive material.
- Risk of injury. Never direct an air stream to animals and people because it can damage them.
- Risk of bursting. Never adjust the regulator high as compared to a maximum pressure of attachment.
- Never expose the air compressor in the rain because it helps in reducing electric shock.
- Always make sure to wear ANSI-approved googles.
- Never use the compressed air by air compressor as breathing air supply
- It is important to drain your tank daily.
- Internal rust makes causes tank explosion and failure.
- Keep the product away from kids.
- Try to use an approved air hose. Never use the air hose that is made from plastic and PVC pipes. It is so because these pipes can burst under pressure
I hope you enjoy this informative article about How to adjust the central pneumatic air compressor? This air compressor can be used for different types of airbrushing work. If you need any further detail about the adjustment of the air compressor, then simply contact us. We will back to you as soon as possible.